Cancer may have taken your appetite away- but we may be able to help.

There’s an investigational medication that could help you regain your appetite and gain some lost weight. See if you qualify to try it in this clinical trial.

Fill Out the Form Below to Register

Your name and information will not be shared with any third party for any reason.

Why Participate?

  • Try an investigational medication that helped 40% of patients without cancer gain at least 3% of their weight after just 12 days
  • Try an investigational medication that helped patients without cancer show an average of 3% weight gain over a 12-day period.
  • Try an investigational medication that could help regain appetite lost due to cancer and/or cancer treatments.
  • Participate in a clinical trial to advance scientific research surrounding appetite loss due to cancer and/or cancer treatments.
  • Help add to scientific research that could help other cancer patients in the future too
  • Receive reimbursement for your travel expenses

What’s Involved

Participating in a study is your choice. You can discuss it with family, friends, and your doctor, so you feel supported in your decision.

  • Fill out the quick pre-screener above
  • If you qualify, you’ll be matched to a local study site
  • You’ll take the oral medication for 12 weeks, and have 8 study site visits

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You have questions. We have answers.

What is Cancer Anorexia?

Many people with cancer lose their appetite because of cancer or cancer treatment. Anorexia refers to a loss of appetite leading to weight loss, which can be unhealthy and uncomfortable. If this sounds familiar, this study could be a good fit for you or a loved one.

What is the investigational treatment?

The investigational treatment, ART27.13, is designed to target the body’s receptors that manage appetite. It may help increase appetite and weight.

How long is the study?

The study lasts 18 weeks. The first two weeks are for screening (making sure you qualify,) then comes 12 weeks of taking the treatment or placebo, then 4 weeks of follow up.

Is participation voluntary?

Yes, participation is voluntary, and you can end your participation at any time.

Is there a cost to participate?

No, there is no cost to participate. Study-related travel expenses can be reimbursed.

Will everyone in the study receive investigational treatment?

No, you’ll have a 75% chance of receiving the investigational treatment and a 25% chance of receiving the placebo. A placebo is like a sugar pill that helps us see if the investigational treatment works.

What if I am currently receiving chemotherapy?

Some treatments are allowed, so that will be determined during a live telephone call at a later date if you initially qualify now.

Is my data safe?

We store your data in a confidential and secure database. We, or our partners, will only use your contact information to contact you regarding this study. We will never sell your information. See our privacy policy for more information.